Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beautiful Dancer

I wrote this during worship 05/14/2010 at the Canvas Women's Retreat. God gave me this message to share with the women. Thought I'd post it for everyone...

As a child, things begin as a slow waltz. Though you are thrust on to the floor without training, you dance anyway smiling all the time. Each new step excites you and sometimes I join with you and allow you to dance on my feet. You let me in to lead the way.

The beat changes when you least expect it and, for some reason the crowd is dancing to a different tune. The moves have changed and you can’t keep up. I offer my hand to let me lead, and let you have my feet to support your steps. Yet you insist on learning by yourself. You’ve watched the other dancers, tried to mimic and learn the newest moves. You’ve bought the videos, but by the time the moves are mastered, the new video is released. The pace is one you can’t keep up with and the world is always one step ahead.

You’ve forgotten that the dance is beautiful, yes, but the dancer is the one I created. The moves aren’t important, the music will fade, but you will always be my beautiful dancer. I will always be your partner. Come dance with me. Let me lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment